WRITING CENTER ANNOUNCEMENTS
ARE YOU HAVING TROUBLE FINDING AN APPOINTMENT?
It’s the end of the semester, and everyone has papers due! If our calendar is full, try one of these things:
- Keep refreshing the calendar throughout the day. It is constantly changing as people make and cancel appointments.
- Try out our Online Writing Coach system (see the tab above). It’s busy, too, so you will not get a same-day response–but we’ll get to you as fast as we can.
- Use our handouts and videos (see the tab above). They provide strategies for all stages of the writing process and tips on writing many kinds of papers.
- Try to walk in. Go to our front desk at the top of the hour and let the person there know that you hope to walk in. If another student fails to show up by 10 minutes after the hour, you can claim that spot. Some hours we have coaching only at Greenlaw; other hours it’s only at SASB. So you might want to call 919-962-7710 to ask about which location to try.
- Feel free to come and study in our SASB space. We have lots of couches, tables, and beanbags where you can work in a supportive environment.
- Check out Finals Boot Camp, sponsored by our colleagues in the Learning Center but held here in our SASB North office! Register here. Boot camp provides a supervised study environment to help you stay focused, plus lots of snacks! Writing coaching will not be available, but the productive atmosphere may help you make a ton of progress on those final papers.
Note that Thursday, April 28 is our final day of coaching for the Spring 2016 semester. Coaching will resume on Wednesday, May 11, when Summer School begins.
The UNC Chapel Hill Writing Center is a free service for UNC students and faculty. Our writing coaches are friendly graduate and undergraduate students from a variety of academic disciplines who are specially trained in teaching writing. Our online resources are available to everyone; they offer helpful advice for writers and instructors on a variety of topics.