- Who are they?
- How many audiences do you have? (list them)
- What do they need? want?
- What is most important to them?
- What are they least likely to care about?
- What order do they need the information in?
- What do you have to say or what are you doing in your research that might surprise them?
- What do you want them to think, learn, or assume about you? What impression do you want your writing or your research to convey?
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 4.0 License.
You may reproduce it for non-commercial use if you use the entire handout and attribute the source: The Writing Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill